In 1924 the Eastwood Terrace Hotel was built. The original parcel of land was purchased by Henry A. Deland. According to those who were here then…all of the surrounding area was a fine golf course…and the trolley stopped just down the road. The northern travelers would walk a block to the then very exclusive Eastwood Terrace Hotel. On the first floor was an elegant ballroom and restaurant with chandeliers. History has it that the short termers slept on the second floor and the long termers slept on the third floor.
The Eastwood Terrace Hotel…as it was known then…was the location of the Navy Dances as well as the Deland High School Proms.